I think that's the wrong question, the right one would be: is it possible to port the gameplay of modern shooters to classic ones (like Unre.... ehm Quake)? And how about making fun of them by the way?
The idea behind c2sp is getting some Crysis/Crysis 2 gameplay on Quake, but let the images talk: http://bit.ly/gtcXRG
- Tactical Display/Revised HUD (hardcoded instead of Flash !)
- Micro Suit: A parody of the Nano suit, see the link above. Instead of maxing out player abilities it minimizes player obstacles (MAXIMUM Speed -> MINIMUM Realism, MAXIMUM Armor -> MINIMAL Skill)
- Improved AI (at least reach the level of Crysis 2 )
- AI conversation system (smalltalk)
- Improved intercom (for pseudomissions)
Now I'm looking for some support in terms of art... anyone who has experience with modeling, 2D art (textures, HUD) or mapping (and knows the limitations/bottlenecks of Quake and can handle the formats) or wants to help out with scripting/programming (I just started with Quake development a couple of days back but it's pretty straightforwards, have to see not to neglect my other CE2 based project) is invited: email@example.com
If the thing turns out well we may put it up on Desura as (noncommercial) Indie game.
The maxed version of the game would contain around 3 fire weapons, a knife (models), adjusted enemy skins and one or two maps (that resemble remotely the Crysis ones).
The typo in "Crisys" is intentional